Re: [Xen-devel] Oxenstored short-write issue

Hi,

> On 27 Oct 2015, at 15:37, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Dave
>
> We discovered an issue in oxenstored: when it writes to the ring, it writes
> a chunk of contiguous data. When it tries to write across ring boundary,
> it returns a short-write. That leads to stalling mini-os's xenbus ring.
>
> Samuel provided a diff which solves the issue:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/403800#403800
>
> You can find our discussions in that thread. Note that thread was mainly
> for a patch to fix an issue in mini-os but we discovered that oxenstored
> issue along the way.

Interesting! I always thought it was a bit odd that oxenstored could write a
partial packet but I thought it would retry higher up and complete the transmit
before sleeping. Itâs certainly clearer to complete the write at the
lower-level though.

So I think the diff looks ok.

Cheers,
Dave