Re: [Xen-devel] Work on a project: Refactor Linux hotplug scripts

El 23/10/15 a les 13.33, Roger Pau Monnà ha escrit:
> El 23/10/15 a les 7.53, ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ ha escrit:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am interested in the project Refactor Linux hotplug scripts for
>> Outreachy(Round 11). I am more of an intermediate-beginner in c. Please can
>> anyone provide some pointers and helper about the things I need to do to
>> join this project.
>
> Hello,
>
> You have to start by setting up your development system, there's a lot
> of information about how to do this on the Xen wiki:
>
> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Getting_Started
> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Compiling_Xen_From_Source
> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console
>
> Since you have to submit a patch before formally applying for OPW, you
> will have to get used to git (if you are not yet familiar with it), we
> also have a couple of wiki pages about this:
>
> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Project_Patches
>
> I personally use stgit in order to manage my patches:
>
> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches_with_StGit
>
> Maybe during this process you will find issues or things that you think
> can be improved, if that's the case those patch(es) could be used in
> order to fulfil your application. If not, reply back and we will try to
> find a suitable small task.

Here are some simple tasks that are suitable in order to complete your
application (if you pick one of them please say so in order to avoid
collisions with other applicants):

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/399994#399994

Roger.