Re: [Xen-devel] help for python log in xen-4.4.1

Hi,

If you know, could you tell me the call relationship of command "xl save". Example, when I execute "xl save",which function will be called first,and then call which function? I mainly want to know which python function will be called.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for your help!

I'm modifying the source code of xen-4.4.1,I hope throurh printing debug information to track the execution order of functions and check the value of some variables.ÂThis is my ultimate goal.Â

But I don't know how to do it in the python code. I tried to print debug information into files,but I couldn't find the file I created.

Thanks

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:22:52AM +0800, éå wrote:
> Hi,alls
>

> There are some python code in xen-4.4.1,and in the python code there are
> lots debug information such as
> log.debug("*******"),log.exception("*******"),XendError("*****")and so on.
>
> I want to get this kind of information but I don't know where to get them.
> Can someone tell me?
>
> else,I try to use the followed method to tracing program execution process:
>
> import sys
> f=open("/home/*****/python.log","a+")
> print >> f, "Save.py is start\n"
> f.close()
>
> But,I can't find the file python.log while executed end,who can tell me why?

Xen 4.4 is using xl toolstack. Xend is not used so no wonder you
couldn't find any logs.

If you describe your end goal we might provide more concrete
suggestions.

Wei.