Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete test-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-debianhvm-amd64-xsm

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:43:11AM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Wei Liu writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete
> test-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-debianhvm-amd64-xsm"):
> > I'm now confident that the bisector is doing the right thing. I dig into
> > various flights to understand what the long list of flights actually
> > meant. It might be helpful we have page explaining how to interpret this
> > email, too.
>
> You mean the stuff at the end of the "bisection complete" mail ?

Yes, the lines following "Searching for test results:"

For example, there are lines like:

 62583 [host=chardonnay0]

which don't contain changeset information. And by the look of it I
couldn't immediately work out  what it meant.

If I'm not mistaken (after digging out that particular flight), those
lines mean "the flight mentioned in first column had a pass of this test
case, and it was run on host BLAH". But then it didn't mention the cs of
Xen (or the targeted branch), which isn't very helpful.

> That's output mostly useful for debugging osstest, I think.  It's

OK, I will just skip those in the future...

> provided there in case the revision graph web page is not suitable for
> your purposes; for example, so that you can c&p more easily, or for
> when you don't want to feed your browser a massive image.
>
> But you're right that a document explaining the meaning of bisection
> results is probably helpful.

Yeah. At least mentioning what to look at and what to ignore would be
helpful.

Wei.