Re: [Xen-devel] struct paging_mode's {write, cmpxchg}_guest_entry and guest_{map, get_eff}_l1e

At 02:56 -0600 on 15 Oct (1444877774), Jan Beulich wrote:
> Tim, George,
>
> what's the reason that these aren't in struct shadow_paging_mode
> instead? They're only being used by shadow code, and I can't see
> an abstract reason why HAP would ever want to use them.

That seems fair.  In fact AFAICT they're only called for
_translated-mode_ PV guests!

So we should just refuse to enter a translated-but-not-external paging
mode, since that's not maintained and almost certainly doesn't work,
and then these hooks can go away entirely.

Cheers,

Tim.