Re: [Xen-devel] patch "x86/cpufreq: relocate the driver register function" breaks cpu hot(un)plug

On Mon, 2015-10-12 at 07:22 -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > On 09/10/2015 04:01, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> > Please also remove "register_cpu_notifier(&cpu_nfb)" in the
> > cpufreq_register_driver function as well. (found that it has
> > already been
> > included in cpufreq_presmp_nfb()).
>
> Yes, I think this is it, and I seem to recall having complained about
> this in an earlier version of the series (and I overlooked it now).

In fact, I did not spot it with `git diff' either (and the changelog
says "Move the driver register function"!).

> Dario, if could you let us know whether that helps?

Yep, I confirm that it was it. Avoiding calling register_cpu_notifier()
from cpufreq_register_driver(), I am able to put CPUs offline and then
back online again.

I've got to go AFK for a bit now, but I'm fine sending a patch later in
the afternoon. If someone wants to try beating me, no hard feelings.
:-)

Thanks and Regards,
Dario