Re: [Xen-devel] Regression: qemu crash of hvm domUs with spice (backtrace included)

Il 08/10/2015 17:58, Andreas Kinzler ha scritto:
Is this still current? I made an interesting observation:

I had no problems with SPICE and vanilla Xen 4.5.1 when using it on Gentoo with glibc 2.19/gcc 4.6.4. Segfaults started when I switched to glibc 2.20/gcc 4.9.3 - I did not change Xen source code at all. All this might be related to: https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-06/msg02764.html

Andreas

Thanks for your mail.
The problem I had seems different, I not found the exactly cause but I solved using newer qemu (2.2 from unstable - now 4.6) with xen 4.5.1.
Big distro I saw already use newer qemu and should be ok.
I still using glibc < 2.20 in my debian servers, this is probably because I not had your problem but I think that backport the patch you linked can be useful for solve a qemu crash case, I'll test it in my next build and if I'll not found regression I'll require the backport for xen qemu gits.

https://github.com/Fantu/Xen/commits/rebase/m2r-staging
Latest test with regression based on latest stable-4.5, more exactly:
https://github.com/Fantu/Xen/commits/rebase/m2r-testing
Some days ago on same dom0 and domU I tried with latest stable version (that I use on only 2 production servers for now but I not saw the regression), more exactly:
https://github.com/Fantu/Xen/commits/rebase/m2r-stable-4.5
Dom0 debian 7 with kernel 3.16 from backports, seabios 1.8.1-2 from unstable and this xen configure: ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-blktap1 --disable-qemu-traditional --disable-rombios --with-system-seabios=/usr/share/seabios/bios-256k.bin --with-extra-qemuu-configure-args="--enable-spice --enable-usb-redir" --disable-blktap2

I suppose that there is unexpected case caused by a backports or missed patch/es to backports from unstable. I not found with a fast look rilevant patch to try to revert, can anyone suggest me the more probable point/s for bisect and/or patch to revert or I must try full bisect 4.5.0->stable-4.5?