Re: [Xen-devel] pyxc_linux_build() in tools/python/xen/lowlevel/xc/xc.c still needed?

El 06/10/15 a les 10.56, Ian Campbell ha escrit:
> On Tue, 2015-10-06 at 08:33 +0200, Juergen Gross wrote:
>> Do we have any requirements to be compatible to old releases regarding
>> the functions in tools/python/xen/lowlevel/xc/xc.c ?
>
> IMHO, no.
>
> There are also too many compatibility shims in front of the domain builder,
> i.e. all the stuff in tools/libxc/xc_dom_compat_linux.c which IMHO could be
> nuked too.
>
>> Especially pyxc_linux_build() isn't used anywhere in the tree. And this
>> is the only function setting xc_dom_image.superpages, thus removing it
>> would give us the chance to remove some code of the domain builder.
>
> Right.
>
> Removing the superpages option from the non-Python might cause concern for
> some. Adding Konrad since IIRC PV superpages is a thing Oracle implemented
> and might still care about.
>
> Also adding Roger since he is reworking the HVM builder to use the PV one,
> which for all I know might involve using the superpage option (but probably
> not the PV code to set it up).

The superpages field is only used to populate memory of PV domains,
AFAICT HVM domains will already try to use superpages by default in
order to fill the p2m. I don't have any problem with it being removed.

Roger.