Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Contributing to Xen for Outreachy 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 12:19:59PM +0530, Shivangi Dhir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > I had a quick glance at coverity and found:
> >
> > CID1055958: use of mkstemp in libxl_vncviewer_exec without first setting a
> > sensible umask.
> >
> > CID1311511: lack of error checking on the result of xc_dom_allocate in
> init
> > -xenstore-domain.c.
> >
> > CID1223209: lack of error checking when calling
> > libxl_cpupool_qualifier_to_cpupoolid in initiate_domain_create (part of
> > libxl).
> >
> > CID1090350: lack of error checking when calling xc_domain_get_guest_width
> > in xc_cpuid_pv_policy.
> >
> > Fixing some of those would be useful I think.
> >

> I would like to fix the above coverity issues. I have cloned the git repo
> [1]. I have also requested for access to the Xen project.
> I am new to open source, so I am not familiar with the procedure. Is there
> anything else that I need to do / know to get started?

Note that you don't need access to coverity scan in order to fix the
bugs listed in this email. Coverity won't give you more insight than
what is already available here.

If you think the one-liner description is not enough, please let us
know. But I would encourage you read code first, and send separate email
to xen-devel for a specific bug and questions related to it.

Wei.