Re: [Xen-devel] Shared image files and block script performance

On Mon, 2015-09-28 at 17:14 -0600, Mike Latimer wrote:
> Any better options or ideas?

Is part of the problem that shell is a terrible choice for this kind of
check?

Would shelling out to a helper utility allow this to be written in
something better?

I think we'd still be constrained in the languages used, probably it would
have to be C to avoid adding dependencies on additional runtimes or
compilers, but that might be good enough to allow us to minimise the number
of times we need to go through the database. If nothing else it would make
it possible to use actual datastructures, locking, XS transactions etc.