Re: [Xen-devel] AMD Radeon 7970 passthrough on XEN 4.4.3 with an AMD FX-8350/Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 *HORROR*

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 08:21:15PM +0300, NiX wrote:
>> After a lot of trial and error I got it working as a secondary
>> pass-through. Thanks mainly to bullshit examples around the net. None
>> seem
>> to know nothing.
>>
>> I though of I am the idiot but I was wrong.
>>

> GPU passthru isn't very simple or straight-forward unfortunately..

I did not expected it to be simple. I upgraded that VM to Win10 and there
is less horror. It works and runs the game with as good FPS as on Win7
bare metal.

>> Whole system crashes upon shutting down the VM that had the adapter
>> passed
>> through. This actually screw up whole pass-through feature. Do that
>> crash
>> happen because 7970 does not have device reset feature or whatever it
>> was
>> called?

This issue occur also on Win10 though the upgrade fixed all the other
issues I encountered.

> Do you happen to have a serial console available, so you could capture the
> crash/error messages from Xen and/or dom0 Linux kernel?
>
> SOL (Serial-Over-LAN) works too, if you have Intel AMT, IPMI, or other
> BMC..

Not regular MB's such the one mentioned in the topic has such a feature.

PS. Is not XEN-DEVEL team able to code in XEN kernel such feature it
captures kernel log somewhere before panic occurs or whatever the reason
is? It is loading before actual kernel so I think it is possible.