Re: [Xen-devel] Newbie - OutreachY round 11 (Dec 7 to March 7)

Hi all,

we do have two OutreachY slots and I just received information related
about the timeline for OutreachY yesterday. See below

September 28 organizations' landing pages need to be ready with project
ideas
September 29 application process opens
November 2 application deadline
November 17 accepted applicants announced
December 7 - March 7 internship dates

For now, we can use the information on
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Outreachy/Round10 and then update the
project lists (under "Community Reviewed Project List")

@Lasya, is your interest in Hypervisor work? Or higher level work such as
Mirage OS?
For the former starting information can be found at
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Developers - but we should also
possibly haver some projects in areas such as Xen - OpenStack integration,
Xen - Libvirt integration, Raisin
(https://blog.xenproject.org/2015/06/28/project-raisin-raise-xen/), and
many other areas that are not reflected in the project list

Depending on your interest, the existing project list or some areas you
may be interested in, we can start updating "Community Reviewed Project
List"

@Wei, @Stefano, @Konrad and everyone else: do we have any smaller work
items / bug fixes / etc. that need doing and would be suitable for Lasya?
Remember, the purpose of these items, is to get familiar with set-up and
the community processes. Maybe some stuff coverity has thrown up to start
with and then maybe something more complex a little later. We then also
need to find mentors and update projects.

Best Regards
Lars