Re: [Xen-devel] [OSSTest Nested v12 21/21] await_tcp(): check_ip for each loop iteration

Robert Ho writes ("[OSSTest Nested v12 21/21] await_tcp(): check_ip for each
loop iteration"):
> await_tcp usually invoked after a reboot, $ho IP may change,
> especially when $ho 'client name' of DHCP request changes.
> Therefore, await_tcp() check will fail if we don't update $ho->{IP}
> accordingly.
> But, if $ho has static IP, this won't apply.
> Also, this patch add $ho->{Ip} in its $what message, so that we can
> observe clearly if $ho->{Ip} changes.
>
> To use $ho->{IpStatic} to indicate what its name means, we have to
> correct its assignment: we assign value to it only from configuration
> or DNS query. We already have $ho->{Ip}, which shall indicate $ho
> IP address in dhcp cases.

I don't think I'm quite convinced by this reasoning.

This patch is effectively turning await_tcp into most of
guest_await_dhcp_tcp.

I think perhaps instead target_reboot and target_reboot hard should
unset $ho->{Ip} and await_tcp should call guest_check_ip only if
$ho->{Ip} is not set.

The unsetting of $ho->{Ip} should probably actually involve also a
call to the part of selecthost which sets it from IpStatic and
gethostbyname etc.  That would have to be made conditional on
$ho->{Fqdn} existing because L1 nested hosts don't have a useful fqdn.