Re: [Xen-devel] [PULL 0/19] xen-2015-09-08-tag

On 9 September 2015 at 14:06, Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Speak about build environments, Peter, would you care to share your
> scripts and setup so that I can run similar tests in the future on my
> own?  I have no OSX machines so I tried to do a Windows
> cross-compile, following http://wiki.qemu.org/Hosts/W32 on Debian 7, but
> I failed very early with an "ERROR: zlib check failed".

My build scripts are at
https://git.linaro.org/people/peter.maydell/misc-scripts.git
(in particular pull-buildtest runs the test and remake-merge-builds
does the one-time configure-each-build-tree setup.) But they're really
just doing a make/make check. I don't have scripts for getting the
cross-compile environment set up in the first place, I'm afraid.

Your error message means you're missing the zlib cross library.
Fedora provides packaged versions of all the cross libs, but for
Debian you have to download them from the upstream websites and
stick them in a directory somewhere.

My (Ubuntu-based) instructions from last time somebody asked:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-04/msg00688.html

thanks
-- PMM