Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Xen bridging issue.

On 09/09/2015 12:35 PM, Wei Liu wrote:
On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 10:09:09AM +0300, johnny Strom wrote:
[...]
Hello again

I am not sure but there might be another issue with the xen_netback module
in Debian jessie.

I am not able to set the  max_queues options so that it is set at load time.

I have tested with the loop kernel module where it works to set an value but
doing the same for
the xen_netback driver dose not work:

This works with loop module like this:
options loop max_loop=50

And then doing the same with the xen_netback that dose not work:
options xen_netback max_queues=4

Or is there some other way it should be set in
/etc/modprobe.d/xen_netback.conf?

Best regards Johnny

After looking at the code more carefully I think that's a bug.

I will send a patch to fix it when I get around to do it. In the mean
time (till the bug fix is propagated to Debian, that probably takes
quite a bit of time), you can use a script to echo the value you want to
the control knob during system startup.

I will put a Reported-by tag with your email address in my patch if you
don't mind. I will also CC you on that patch I'm going to send so that
you have an idea when it's merged upstreamed.

Thanks

It's ok to put my email in the patch.

Best regards Johnny

Wei.