Re: [Xen-devel] Notes from Xen BoF at Debconf15

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Notes from Xen BoF at Debconf15"):
> Right - 4.4.3 already was released with just one RC, and indeed I
> meant to stay with that model considering the little (if any) feedback
> we get on these RCs. I personally could live without doing any RCs,
> but [...]

Having had the chance to reflect I am convinced that we should stop
doing RCs for point releases.

> [I] thought so far that doing at least one kind of publicly indicates
> the intention of doing a release soon.

You might hope that it would have that effect, but I don't think it is
working.  Also, if it does work, all it does is generate more patches,
making the `rc' more of a `prod to get your stuff shoveled in'.