Re: [Xen-devel] [xen 4.6 retrospective] [bad] review load near freeze point

>>> Can you be more specific (perhaps with examples) about this one?
>>
>> A few concrete example were several of Vitaly's series (I will let him point
>> out a couple of examples, as he raised this one).
>> Anyone else who has such examples?
>>
>> I have seen a few, but would need to get back and investigate. in particular
>> the fault-line seems to be around patches that affect both hypervisor and
>> tools. The feedback was that there can be weeks between hypervisor and tools
>> portions of a series being reviewed, leading to lost elapsed times.
>
> But I'm pretty convinced this isn't because of bad coordination between
> maintainers (not committers btw),

Should have been s/committers/reviewers/ - apologies

> but because of a lack of bandwidth.
> Just because reviewers for one side have the cycles doesn't means the
> ones on the other side have too.

Not disagreeing. It would be good though if we can eliminate a "need for better
coordination" as a primary cause for these delays.
I am somewhat stuck in a hard place, because everyone I talk to has a different
opinion on what is going wrong.