Re: [Xen-devel] Design doc of adding ACPI support for arm64 on Xen - version 3

On 2015/8/18 17:11, Jan Beulich wrote:

>> The System Table pointer will be passed to Dom0 through the minimal DT
>> property "linux,uefi-system-table".
>
> And this is a requirement for Linux? I.e. it can't do with just the
> Configuration Table (which architecturally would be more clean imo)?

IIUC, this is a requirement for Linux. Because when Linux parses the
minimal DT, it uses below dt_params to match the DT properties. If it
doesn't match any of them, it will fial.
See efi_get_fdt_params in drivers/firmware/efi/efi.c.

static __initdata struct {
        const char name[32];
        const char propname[32];
        int offset;
        int size;
} dt_params[] = {
        UEFI_PARAM("System Table", "linux,uefi-system-table", system_table),
        UEFI_PARAM("MemMap Address", "linux,uefi-mmap-start", mmap),
        UEFI_PARAM("MemMap Size", "linux,uefi-mmap-size", mmap_size),
        UEFI_PARAM("MemMap Desc. Size", "linux,uefi-mmap-desc-size", desc_size),
        UEFI_PARAM("MemMap Desc. Version", "linux,uefi-mmap-desc-ver", desc_ver)
};

Another choice to pass ACPI root table address is to use the kernel
parameter "acpi_rsdp". But it still needs to supply the property
"linux,uefi-system-table" in DT to make the EFI driver works. While the
value of the "linux,uefi-system-table" could be something invalid, so
Dom0 would not use the EFI System table.

--
Shannon