Re: [Xen-devel] xen/arm: Crash when allocating memory for ACPI table (Was Re: Design doc of adding ACPI support for arm64 on Xen - version 2)

On 14/08/15 15:49, Shannon Zhao wrote:
>> Ok, so it's likely a memory corruption. You need to check the bound you
>> ara using when copying the data to the guest or from the ACPI in
>> general. Or maybe you just didn't allocate enough space.
>>

> But it fails at the xzalloc_bytes itself. not at copy function.

Because the previous copy may have overwritten the metadata of the
memory allocator...

If those metadata are corrupted, xalloc_bytes we act weirdly such as
crashing Xen.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall