Re: [Xen-devel] unable to boot from cdrom using OVMF in latest xen-unstable

Il 29/07/2015 11:58, Wei Liu ha scritto:
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:31:30AM +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
Today I retried ovmf after long time from previous, I tried old fedora 20
uefi domUs and still boot correctly but trying to boot from cdrom using
boot='dc' or boot='d' don't boot from cdrom (seems didn't try) but boot from
harddisk (even with boot='d').
After booting fedora I checked the cdrom and see it correctly, the problem
seems only about boot order.
xen is build from staging git based on commit
44313ab77f3e3c5b566ea4f23b0e32bfd5eafa29 and ovmf is from debian package
0~20150106.5c2d456b-1.

If you need more informations/tests tell me and I'll post them.

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.
OK, the commit you tested contains the fix to booting OVMF.

Do you have serial log?

Wei.
You mean ovmf serial log? probably I did it in past but I not remember how and with a fast search I not found (probably was some years ago when I started to try ovmf and initially with xen domUs was not working at all) I found only serial="pty" commented in my tests domUs cfg probably related but I don't remember how to see/store the output, can you tell me it please?