Re: [Xen-devel] page faults on machines with > 4TB memory

>>> On 23.07.15 at 19:01, <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Observe that ffff8840ffdb53c0 is actually a pointer in the 64bit PV
> virtual region, because the xenheap allocator has wandered off the top
> of the directmap region.  This is a direct result of passing numa node
> information to alloc_xenheap_page(), which overrides the check which
> keeps the allocation inside the directmap region.

Does it? Looking at the code I can't see why it would:
alloc_heap_pages() only ever looks at [zone_lo, zone_hi], regardless
of requested node, and alloc_domheap_pages() determines the zone
range based on the bit width requested by the caller
(alloc_xenheap_pages() in this case, unless its caller has asked for
a smaller address width or xenheap_bits isn't set).

Jan