Re: [Xen-devel] Requesting for freeze exception for RMRR

>>> On 17.07.15 at 15:21, <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The major concern seems to be around the PCI allocation algorithm. Jan
> has different opinion from George. George provided a simple solution
> that will not make things worse than before, while Jan prefers to get
> everything right.
>
> To be fair, the PCI allocation code in a bad state is not really
> contributor's fault.
>
> Jan also pointed out on IRC he thinks the proper logic he asked for is
> not very hard to implement.
>
> Given we either take George's route, which already seems to have a
> patch, or Jan's route, which he thinks shouldn't be too hard to
> implement, I'm inclined to say give this series another week (24th
> deadline still applied). Note that we've been working on this for ages,
> any delay is going to burn up more energy than necessary.
>
> Jan and George, if you disagree with what I say above, please reply.

My main disagreement here continues to be that we're talking
about a bug fix, and hence I don't view this as needing a freeze
exception in the first place (at least not at this point in time). Yes,
the bug fix involves adding code that looks like a new feature, but
that happens with bug fixes.

Jan