[Xen-devel] Question about seperating request and response ring in PV network

Hi, all:
    I am trying to improve the performance of netfront/netback, and  I found that there were some discussion about PV network performance improvement in devel mailing list ([1]). The proposals mentioned  in [1] are helpful, such as multipage ring,  multiqueue, etc, and some of them have already merged into upstream.
    However, I am wondering if we have already used multipage ring,  why "seperate request and response ring" listed in [1] is also helpful for performance improvement? I have read the implementation of vmxnet3 driver, it does have separated request and response rings, but I can not understand what the advantage of this method is.
    Thanks.

[1] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-05/msg01904.html
----
Best Regards