Re: [Xen-devel] Performance problem about address translation

Very sorry for sending wrong before.
On 2015å07æ08æ 14:13, xinyue wrote:

On 2015å07æ07æ 19:49, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 11:24 +0800, xinyue wrote:

Please don't use HTML mail and do proper ">" quoting

And after analyzing the performance of hvm domu, I found a process
named "evolution-data-" using almost 99.9% cpu. Does someone known
what's this and why it appears?
evolution-data-server is part of the evolution mail client. It has
nothing to do with Xen I'm afraid so you will have to look elsewhere for
why it is taking so much CPU.

Ian.

Sorry for that and thanks very much.

I think the problem maybe caused by the address alignment. The HVM DomU crashed after the hypercall and Dom0 crashed later sometimes with "Bus error".

I think the function that caused the crash is get_gfn. The related code is

    unsigned long gfn;
    unsigned long mfn;
    struct vcpu *vcpu = current;
    struct domain *d = vcpu->domain;
    uint32_t pfec = PFEC_page_present;
    p2m_type_t t;
    gfn = paging_gva_to_gfn(current, 0xc0290000, &pfec);
    mfn = get_gfn(d, gfn, &t);

Is that I lost some type translation?

Thanks and best regards!

xinyue