Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 58974: regressions - FAIL

Hi Dario,

> Hey Meng,
>
> you wanted to "get in touch" with OSSTest failures for RTDS, didn't you?
> Well, Here you go! :-P

Yes. Thank you very much for cc. me and the very useful explanation of
how to read the log!

> [I'm adding IanC and Julien, as this is ARM related]
>
> On Tue, 2015-06-30 at 05:18 +0000, osstest service user wrote:
>> flight 58974 xen-unstable real [real]
>> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58974/
>>
> So, have a look at the link above, and search 'rtds' in the webpage.
>
> You'll see that test is passing on x86:
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58974/test-amd64-amd64-xl-rtds/info.html
>
> But it's failing on ARM:
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58974/test-armhf-armhf-xl-rtds/info.html
>
> As it's said here as well:
>> Tests which did not succeed, but are not blocking:
>>  test-amd64-amd64-xl-pvh-intel 11 guest-start                  fail  never
>> pass
>>  test-amd64-amd64-xl-pvh-amd  11 guest-start                  fail   never
>> pass
>>  test-armhf-armhf-xl-rtds     11 guest-start                  fail   never
>> pass
>
> It is, apparently, constantly and consistently failing on ARM, as shown
> by the history of the job, on the xen-unstable branch:
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-armhf-xl-rtds/xen-unstable
>
> To actually see what happens, check the details of the job, and the
> content of the various captured logs and files.
>
> For instance, here's the serial console output:
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58974/test-armhf-armhf-xl-rtds/serial-arndale-bluewater.log
>
> Go to the bottom of it, you'll find the splat.

Yes. I saw it. :-)

> Hope this has been helpful...

This is very helpful!

> if you'd b able to have a look at what's
> happening, that would be awesome. If you don't have time, I will have a
> look myself, but only in a few days.

Hmm, this is another bug for RTDS on ARM. :-(
I don't have an ARM board set up right now. I'm not sure if I can
run/test it on ARM. I'm curious if this bug is similar with the
previous lock-related bug of RTDS scheduler on ARM.
Denys fixed the previous bug at
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-01/msg03933.html

Best Regards,

Meng