Re: [Xen-devel] ACPI shutdown unreliable with win7?

On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 15:40 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > I've mentioned it at least twice now but nobody seems to think it is of
> > note that even with the current settings it does the right thing about 1
> > time in 10? Is Win7 really expected to behave so randomly here?
>
> Perhaps not expected, but then I also don't think we install all the
> latest bits, but whatever is on the install media? I know I've seen the
> default action preselected for the user to be different on different
> instances of native hardware Win7 installs (but of course that could
> as well have been due to firmware differences, albeit I doubt there's
> many moder systems around that don't support both S3 and S4).

OK, so the gist I'm getting is that it's quite possible that Win7
actually does just roll a d20 and only hibernate on a prime number...

> > Also, when the test fails the guest is also not hibernating either.
>
> Would we have ways to tell it at least tried to enter e.g. S3?

I'm not sure, but it's not apparent in the screen shot nor in any of the
logs (qemu etc), I think I'd expect to see _something_ there?

> > Plus I've queried the impact of change the ACPI s3/s4 settings on the
> > save/restore/migrate tests in the flight more than once and nobody has
> > responded to that either.
>
> I have no idea, and hence didn't respond to that part.

OK, thanks.