Re: [Xen-devel] xen-netfront crash when detaching network while some network activity

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 05:58:41PM +0100, David Vrabel wrote:
> On 22/05/15 17:42, Marek Marczykowski-GÃrecki wrote:

> >> I tried this about 10 times without a crash.  How reproducible is it?
> >>
> >> I used a 4.1-rc4 frontend and a 4.0 backend.
> >
> > It happens every time for me... Do you have at least two vcpus in that
> > domU? With one vcpu it doesn't crash. The IP for ping I've used one in
> > backend domU, but it shouldn't matter.
> >
> > Backend is 3.19.6 here. I don't see any changes there between rc1 and
> > rc4, so stayed with rc1. With 4.1-rc1 backend it also crashes for me.
>
> Doesn't repro for me with 4 VCPU PV or PVHVM guests.

I've tried with exactly 2 vcpus in frontend domU (PV), but I guess it
shouldn't matter. Backend is also PV.

> Is your guest
> kernel vanilla or does it have some qubes specific patches on top?

This one was from vanilla - both frontend and backend (just qubes
config).
Maybe something about device configuration? Here is xenstore dump:
frontend:
0 = ""
 backend = "/local/domain/66/backend/vif/69/0"
 backend-id = "66"
 state = "4"
 handle = "0"
 mac = "00:16:3e:5e:6c:07"
 multi-queue-num-queues = "2"
 queue-0 = ""
  tx-ring-ref = "1280"
  rx-ring-ref = "1281"
  event-channel-tx = "19"
  event-channel-rx = "20"
 queue-1 = ""
  tx-ring-ref = "1282"
  rx-ring-ref = "1283"
  event-channel-tx = "21"
  event-channel-rx = "22"
 request-rx-copy = "1"
 feature-rx-notify = "1"
 feature-sg = "1"
 feature-gso-tcpv4 = "1"
 feature-gso-tcpv6 = "1"
 feature-ipv6-csum-offload = "1"

backend:
69 = ""
 0 = ""
  frontend = "/local/domain/69/device/vif/0"
  frontend-id = "69"
  online = "1"
  state = "4"
  script = "/etc/xen/scripts/vif-route-qubes"
  mac = "00:16:3e:5e:6c:07"
  ip = "10.137.3.9"
  handle = "0"
  type = "vif"