Re: [Xen-devel] [osstest test] 56922: regressions - FAIL

On Fri, 2015-05-22 at 13:58 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-05-22 at 20:47 +0800, Robert Hu wrote:
> > >
> > > It didn't seem to work. I'm trying to repro on a machine I can recover
> > > more easily, but perhaps you could also take a look?
> > Yeah. Thanks Ian.
> > I'm to look into it this weekend.
>
> From https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/Submenus it seems like
> perhaps the syntax is "N>M" where N is the submenu and M is the offset
> within that submenu.
>
> I've not confirmed this though.

I have now, 8>1 correctly booted:       submenu "Xen 4.6-unstable" {
menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux, with Xen 4.6-unstable and Linux 3.14.36+' --class
debian --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os --class xen {

From my particular grub.cfg. For real usage setupboot_grub2 will
obviously need to become cleverer to count things correctly.

BTW, I just noticed that the comment about setupboot_grub2 is still in
place:
        # Note on running OSSTest on Squeeze with old Xen kernel: check out
        # Debian bug #633127 "/etc/grub/20_linux does not recognise some old
        # Xen kernels"
        # Currently setupboot_grub2 relies on Grub menu not having submenu.
        # Check Debian bug #690538.
        sub setupboot_grub2 ($$$$) {

The last bit is no longer true with the patch, so it should be
removed...

I've dropped the following from pretest for now:

 Parsing grub which has 'submenu' primitive
 Changes to support '/boot' leading paths of kernel, xen, in grub
 grub: remove patch to disable submenu from 20_linux_xen overlay

(the /boot one had contextual dependencies on the prior patch).

In pretest now is just:

 Refactor installation of overlays
 Edit some APIs in TestSupport.pm for nested test
 Move the code for setting memory size into prep()

I've pushed that to a new branch nestedhvm-v10-pretest-reduced in my
xenbits repo too so you can base future resends on that.