[Xen-devel] World-switch architected component flushing/invalidating.

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Mazen Ezzeddine (Student)" <emm09@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 15:23:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 19 May 2015 15:23:18 +0000

Dear all,

Could you please hint me about the below:

I need to flush/invalidate all architected components (all levels of D-cache/I-cache, I-TLB D-TLB, branch predictor etc..) on Xen world/Domain switch running on a dual core ARM cortex A-15.

As such, am I on the safe side if I include the invalidate/flush code in the function :

static void schedule(void)

{

-----

-----

// code for invalidation of architected components

context_switch(prev, next);

}

Is there a header file to include and use already-implemented xen-specific functions for cache/TLB/branchPredictor invalidating? Could you please route me to the Xen file where they are implemented.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Best regards.