Re: [Xen-devel] Regression: qemu crash of hvm domUs with spice (backtrace included)

On Wed, 13 May 2015, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> Il 12/05/2015 16:44, Stefano Stabellini ha scritto:

> > Sorry, I missed this bit before. The only thing I could suggest at this
> > point, would be to make sure that you have a clean test environment.
> > Usually this happens when you have some "leftovers" from previous broken
> > tests.
>
> I use make debball to be sure to track and remove all files on package update.
> Now I retried with latest xen-unstable and the qemu crash didn't happen, more
> exactly I used this:
> https://github.com/Fantu/Xen/commits/rebase/m2r-staging
> Latest test with regression based on latest stable-4.5, more exactly:
> https://github.com/Fantu/Xen/commits/rebase/m2r-testing
> Some days ago on same dom0 and domU I tried with latest stable version (that I
> use on only 2 production servers for now but I not saw the regression), more
> exactly:
> https://github.com/Fantu/Xen/commits/rebase/m2r-stable-4.5
> Dom0 debian 7 with kernel 3.16 from backports, seabios 1.8.1-2 from unstable
> and this xen configure:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-blktap1 --disable-qemu-traditional
> --disable-rombios --with-system-seabios=/usr/share/seabios/bios-256k.bin
> --with-extra-qemuu-configure-args="--enable-spice --enable-usb-redir"
> --disable-blktap2
>
> I suppose that there is unexpected case caused by a backports or missed
> patch/es to backports from unstable.
> I not found with a fast look rilevant patch to try to revert, can anyone
> suggest me the more probable point/s for bisect and/or patch to revert or I
> must try full bisect 4.5.0->stable-4.5?

It is possible that this is an intermittent bug: it only shows once
every so many tests. I think you need to go over the full range
4.5.0->stable-4.5. Also it is important that you start from a working
baseline: you need to be sure that 4.5.0 works as expected.