Re: [Xen-devel] qemu device model question

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 04:44:03PM +0200, Juergen Gross wrote:
> On 05/13/2015 03:06 PM, Wei Liu wrote:

> >>I think it would be reasonable to have some way to indicate that pvusb
> >>support is desired even if there are no such devices on boot, and for
> >>libxl to start the necessary backend in that case.
> >>
> >>s/pvusb/whatever/
> >
> >libxl__need_xenpv_qemu comes to mind.
>
> Indeed.
>
> I think it would be easy to add a configuration item in the domain's
> config file to start qemu unconditionally. Another add-on could be an
> item in xl.conf to configure the default behaviour.
>
> >Also QEMU has a mode called attach mode. Never use it personally
> >though.
>
> A quick search of the qemu docs didn't show anything. What is it and how
> could it help?

All I know is there is a QEMU option called -xen-attach. QEMU will
attach to an existing domain. Again, I never use that personally so I'm
not sure if it does what you need or the appropriate infrastructure
to start QEMU in that mode is in place. I just mentioned it for
completeness.

Wei.