[Xen-devel] Status of ARM features (Was: Re: Xen 4.6 Development Update (four months reminder))

(trimming the list of cc)

Hi Wei,

On 13/05/2015 06:01, wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
=== Hypervisor ARM ===

*  Mem_access for ARM (good)
    v15 posted
   -  Tamas K Lengyel

I think all the patches for this patch series has been pushed. Tamas, Can you confirm?

*  ITS support (fair )
   -  Vijaya Kumar K

*  Add ACPI support for arm64 on Xen (fair)
    RFC posted
   -  Parth Dixit

*  ARM: reenable support 32-bit userspace running in 64-bit guest (good)
    v2 posted
   -  Ian Campbell

It has been pushed to Xen.

*  ARM remote processor iommu module (GPUs + IPUs) (fair)
    v3 posted
   -  Andrii Tseglytskyi

*  ARM VM save/restore/live migration (none)
    Need to rebased against migrationv2 - no code posted.
   -  None

*  ARM GICv2m support (none)
   -  Suravee Suthikulanit

*  ARM  PCI passthrough (none)
   -  Manish Jaggi
   -  Vijay Kilari

  * ARM GICv2 on GICv3 support (fair)
     - Julien Grall

[..]
== Deferred ==

[..]

*  Linux ARM - Device assigment usage in Linux code (arch/arm) non-PCI (none)
    Depends on Xen pieces which are on the Xen 4.6 list.
   -  Julien Grall

I think you can drop this item. We don't expect to have code in Linux for non-PCI passthrough until we got a real need to do it .

[..]

== Completed ==

*  ARM - passthrough of non-PCI (ok)
   -  Julien Grall

To be fair, this feature is not yet completed. There is some outstanding patches on the ML due to build issue.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall