Re: [Xen-devel] FreeBSD Dom0 IOMMU issues

>>> On 07.05.15 at 10:05, <editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5/7/15 12:27 AM, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
>> Michael can probably elaborate on this, but if I'm not mistaken he can
>> use X on the Dom0 without problems, but when he launches a guest all
>> those IOMMU faults start showing up. Then if the guest is created
>> without X running everything works as expected (Michael please correct
>> me if I'm wrong).
>
> Correct. I can use the Dom0 just fine as an Xorg system. It is only when
> I launch a DomU that I have either immediate or mid-DomU boot
> panics/freezes.

The guest-start-without-X-in-Dom0 aspect would be of particular
interest - can you confirm that part too? And just to confirm -
according to the config file you do not pass through any device to
the DomU (which implies no IOMMU page tables being set up for
it at all)?

Jan