[Xen-devel] How to probe io related operation in dom0 kernel?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Xuehan Xu" <xxhdx1985126@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 4, 2015 2:35 PM
Subject: How to probe io related operation in dom0 kernel?
To: <xs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, everyone
Recently, I tested the disk io latency on dom0 by running the following instruction:
ÂÂÂÂÂ dd if=/dev/zero of=test_file oflag=direct count=10240 bs=512
I found that this instruction consumed about 1 second on an hp server while about 90 seconds on a dell server. Why such a huge gap? And what tool can I use to further diagnose this performance issue? Thanks:)