Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 Development Update (three months reminder)

Jim Fehlig wrote:
> wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> We are now three months into 4.6 development window. This is an email to keep
>> track of all the patch series I gathered. It is by no means complete and / or
>> acurate. Feel free to reply this email with new projects or correct my
>> misunderstanding.
>>

> [...]
>
>> *  libxl: add qxl vga interface support for upstream qemu (fair)
>>   -  Fabio Fantoni
>>

> I've been working on SPICE support in the libvirt libxl driver and
> quickly came across the lack of support for qxl device.  What is the
> status of this work?  AFAICT, there was a v16 posted nearly a year ago
> with no comments
>
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-05/msg03214.html

After playing with this more, I think the patch will need a
LIBXL_HAVE_QXL or similar in libxl.h.

> I noticed this work was committed in the 4.3 dev cycle, but was reverted
> before the release by commit 5479961a, which describes problems with
> "instructions that cannot be used for MMIO".  Has any progress been made
> on that front?  Is Fabio's patch the only piece missing to support qxl
> devices?

I've tried Fabio's patch on top of fairly recent xen-unstable and don't
see the issues mentioned in the commit message of 5479961a.  Note that I
only tried linux HVM guests though.

Regards,
Jim