Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 Development Update (three months reminder)

On 04/14/2015 11:27 AM, wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> == Hypervisor ==
>
> *Â Alternate p2m: support multiple copies of host p2m (ok)
>Â Â-Â Ed White
>
> *Â Improve RTDS scheduler (none)
>Â Â-Â Dagaen Golomb, Meng Xu

This is a little vague... exactly what kinds of improvements are
envisioned here?

âWe are changing the RTDS scheduler from quantum driven to âevent driven. In other words, we will only invoke the RTDS scheduler at specific scheduling event (such as VCPU budget replenishment, VCPU wake up, VCPU deadline arrives). This will reduce the frequency of invoking the RTDS scheduler and thus reduce the scheduling overhead in hypervisor.

Another improvement is supporting getting/setting each VCPU's parameters in xl tool. Chong Li (chong.li@xxxxxxxxx), cc.ed, is working on this right now. He will finish the first version of the patch soon and we will go though some internal code review before sending out the patch to the mailing list.

As to the progress,
Dagaen finished the first version of the patch and we are going through internal code review and refining the code. We will send out the patch to the mailing list once we are satisfied with the code. (The status about this item should be marked as none now.)

Thanks,

Mengâ

> *Â Credit2: introduce per-vcpu hard and soft affinity (good)
>Â Â-Â Justin T. Weaver

Still good (Probably in part awaiting my further review -- should get to
that this week)

> *Â Credit2 production ready (none)
>Â Â cpu pinning, numa affinity and cpu reservation
>Â Â-Â George Dunlap

The first two are identical to Justin Weaver's patch; you might want to
note that. No work on CPU reservation yet.

> *Â PV USB support in libxl (fair)
>Â Â-Â Chunyan Liu
>
> *Â HVM USB support in libxl (fair)
>Â Â-Â George Dunlap

Haven't heard anything on the first one in a while; the second one is
basically blocked on the first.

> *Â Blktap2 support (fair)
>Â Â-Â George Dunlap

Working on integrating this with raisin; still "fair" by the definitions
above.

Â-George