Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Project Raisin

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, George Dunlap wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Stefano Stabellini
> <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Giving commands to raise could be a good UI improvement, but I disagree
> > on the package installation. In any case there is a way around that,
> > using the -n option. Maybe we could consider making that the default.
>
> Re commands, what do you think of how this looks?
>
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/gdunlap/raisin.git out/librarify/rfc-v1
>
> I've only done a little bit, but take a look and see if you think
> that's a direction you might want to go or not.  If you like it I'll
> do more work (including rebasing to master).

I think it is pretty good.

It would be nice if it followed the (unwritten) coding style, mostly
using test instead [, then and do on new lines, use the function
keyword.

core.sh is truly scary but hopefully it doesn't need to be touched.
Ever.

If we are going to have nodeps set by default, we should probably rename
it and on configuration failure print an helpful message such as "run
sudo raisin --deps if you want raisin to automatically install build
dependencies for you". It might actually be better to do that on a
separate commit from the one that introduces core.sh and build().

As we are now able to give commands to raise, I would remove the install
option and turn it into a different command.