Re: [Xen-devel] [OSSTEST] ms-planner: add a flight summary html report

Resurrecting this old thing...

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 16:44 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I think this is a nice thing to have, but:
>
> > +    while (my ($reso,$evts) = each %{ $plan->{Events} }) {
> > +        # [osstest real] job 26010.test-amd64-amd64-xl-win7-amd64
> > +        foreach my $evt ( @{$evts} ) {
> > +            next unless $evt->{Type} =~ m/^(Start|End)$/;
> > +            next unless $evt->{Info} =~ m/^\[(\S+) (\S+)\] job ([0-9]+)\
> \.(\S+) (.*)/;
>
> This is rather a layering violation.  Info is for the consumption of
> humans.  Perhaps the plan should have an explicit "flight.job" field.

I think in principal that's as simple as the two patches below which add
it to the booking in ts-hosts-allocate-Executive and propagate it to the
plan in ms-planner, but I'm not really sure and I don't know how to test
the queuedaemon/planner stuff.

However is even "$flight.$job" not a layering violation? Or were you
thinking that perhaps generically it would be
"<thing>.<sub-thing>.<sub-sub-thing>"? Still, the code to generate the
summary would need to know about the concept of flights etc and hence
probably doesn't belong in ms-planner.

> You could compute the "[linux-3.4 real]" part by looking at the common
> prefix of all the Infos.

Unfortunately the common prefix of the Info is generally at least
"[linux-3.4 real] job" and depending on the set of jobs currently
running it might even be "[linux-3.4 real] job build-", "[linux-3.4
real] job test-" or even "[linux-3.4 real] job test-amd64-amd64".

With all that in mind I've been thinking of coming at this from the
other end and starting with the set of flights which are not finished
and enumerating their jobs as pass/fail/inprogress/planned with the
appropriate times listed.

Only problem is I can't seem to identify in the DB which flights are not
completed, neither the flights table nor the jobs one seems to
consistently reflect that status. Is this possible to find out without
"ps"?