Re: [Xen-devel] sudden hang on boot on AMD Notebook

On Mon, Mar 30, Andrew Cooper wrote:

> On 30/03/15 13:14, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > Just last week I was running staging to test pvscsi on this HP ProBook
> > 6555b, since around Wednesday I think. But todays staging fails to boot.
> > So I started a bisect in xen/, but every attempt to boot xen.gz results
> > in a hang at the same place. Even going back to the state of 4.5.0.
> > Any idea what may cause this hang, and how I can debug it further?
> This smells like an external factor.  Have you changed compiler in that
> time, altered the BIOS settings or updated the firmware?

Nothing like that. I carried the thing around for a week, and started to
run Xen during that time. Since Saturday its back in its usual place and
position. I think I ran Xen on that day, but the bootlogs have no
indication if I really did.

Yesterday after some poking around in the firmware and running the
selftests I was able to boot Xen again. But today it failed again.

> Are you able to use the console debugkeys once it gets into this state?

No, it does not react to anything. I think a triple CTRL-A and 'h'
should print the help text? I see the cursor blinking on the display,
not sure if thats an indication that Xen is still alive.

Olaf