[Xen-devel] coding standards

Hi Wei,
I have a few questions before we chat Tuesday. Per your instructions, I read the coding standards, which referred me to libxl.h for memory management. They are contradictory, in that the coding standards imply that I should be using internal libxl_*alloc functions, but the memory management section says to do a malloc. I thought someone should know. I assume I should look for and use the appropriate libxl_*alloc function. Also, you mentioned that all libxl functions should take a ctx (context?) as the first argument. I had looked at several libxl_bitmap* functions (init, test, set, and dispose) which don't, but looking at the alloc code you sent me, I'm not clear on the purpose of the ctx. Perhaps we can go over that in our chat.

Thanks.

Linda