Re: [Xen-devel] Upstream QEMU based stubdom and rump kernel

On 18/03/15 11:22, Martin Lucina wrote:
pooka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
etfs isn't a file system, e.g. it doesn't allow listing files or
removing them, but it does give you complete control of what happens
when data is read or written for /some/path.  But based on the other
posts, sounds like it might be enough for what you need.

See:
http://man.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?rump_etfs++NetBSD-current

They'd still need to implement the rumphyper/Mini-OS backend to get etfs to
talk over vchan to the dom0, right?

Strictly speaking, they'd have to implement the iov{read,write} hypercalls to do that. But, no, etfs doesn't do magic. IOW, they'd have to define what "host path" means.

It occurred to me that I wrote that manpage, umm, 5 years ago when rump kernels ran only in userspace and "host path" was a better defined term. Pile that manpage on the neverending heap of documentation which broke while the code kept working.