Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 Development Update (two months reminder)

Il 12/03/2015 11:54, George Dunlap ha scritto:
On 03/12/2015 10:21 AM, wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

*  Credit2: introduce per-vcpu hard and soft affinity (fair)
   -  Justin T. Weaver
The most recent patches looked pretty good -- I'd be very surprised if
these didn't make it in by July.  I'd change this to "good".

*  Default to credit2 (none)
    cpu pinning, numa affinity and cpu reservation
   -  George Dunlap
I think before actually doing a release with credit2 as the default, we
want almost an entire development cycle with credit2 as the default, to
shake out any latent bugs; and probably an entire release with credit2
listed as "production-ready".

So maybe this goal would be more helpfully stated as "credit2 production
ready", so that when we open the next development window we can change
the default immediately?

*  pvUSB support in libxl (fair)
   -  Chunyan Liu
You can add in hvmUSB support in libxl here, with my name; and call it
"fair".

You did a new patchset version? The latest I saw, rebased and tested (including compatibility with actual spice usb redirection) was long time ago and I not saw newer posted in xen-devel.

*  Blktap2 support (none)
   -  George Dunlap
I'm planning on doing it, but I haven't spec'd the actual work yet.  Is
"fair" the best description for that?

  -George