Re: [Xen-devel] PML (Page Modification Logging) design for Xen

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Rather than adding in a new top level command line option for an ept
>>> subfeature, it would be preferable to add an "ept=" option which has
>>> "pml" as a sub boolean.
>> Which is good to me, if Jan agrees.
>>
>> Jan, which do you prefer here?
>
> A single "ept=" option as Andrew suggested.

Sorry to be coming late to this party -- what's the logic behind
having this enabled with "ept="? You're not changing anything about
how EPT itself works; you're adding a secondary feature which happens
to depend on ept.  Is there another hypervisor command-line option you
had in mind that works this way?

It might also be nice to be able to enable or disable this feature
with a sysctl call; but that's just a nice-to-have.

 -George