Re: [Xen-devel] "./configure: line 7058: python-config: command not found" after commit 0013245

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 05:46:08PM +0000, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 03/03/15 17:36, Wei Liu wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 05:22:39PM +0000, Julien Grall wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've tried to use ./configure on the latest master and got the below error:
> >>
> >> checking for python-config... no
> >> checking Python.h usability... yes
> >> checking Python.h presence... yes
> >> checking for Python.h... yes
> >> checking for PyArg_ParseTuple in -lpython2.7... yes
> >> checking whether Python setup.py brokenly enables -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE...
> >> ./configure: line 7058: python-config: command not found
> >> no
> >> checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
> >>
> >> Shall we require python-config installed on the build-platform?
> >>

> > Isn't it part of the python-dev package? I'm using Debian, but I would
> > expect it should come with whatever python development package you
> > distro has?
>
> My point wasn't about the missing package but the odd error of the
> configure when python-config doesn't exist.

My point being that you've clearly installed python development package
(and we check that in configure) but you don't have python-config. It
looks a bit weird. But if this is how some distro packages python then
we should deal with this.

Wei.