Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable "make clean" error on a freshly cloned tree

On Sun, 2015-03-01 at 23:30 +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Hi Wei / Ian,
>
> I'm getting this error on a "make clean"  on a freshly
> cloned xen-unstable staging tree. It's probably because the make script
> can't handle a make clean on a tree which hasn't cloned the mini-os tree
> at least once as part of a build.

Yes. I thought we had addressed that during review, but it seems we only
caught one of the two places.

Wei,

I think this bit of stubdom/Makefile:

        ifeq ($(wildcard $(MINI_OS)/Config.mk),)
        $(error Please run `make mini-os-dir' in top-level directory)
        endif

Needs something like this pattern from the end of tools/Rules.mk,
combined with the wildcard stuff (or switching to a dependency on
Config.mk):

        ifeq (,$(findstring clean,$(MAKECMDGOALS)))
        $(XEN_ROOT)/config/Tools.mk:
                $(error You have to run ./configure before building or
installing the tools)
        endif

I think that'll catch clean and distclean.

Can you whip up a patch please.