Re: [Xen-devel] frame buffer shared by domains on arch arm linux

On 23/01/2015 17:24, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Fri, 2015-01-23 at 17:14 +0800, Mao Mingy wrote:
1. QEMU's start up parameter, changed the original from Xen4.5
/usr/local/lib/xen/bin/qemu-system-i386 -xen-domid 0
Are you trying to use pvfb for dom0's own graphical output?
No. I got it wrong. Right now writing to Dom0's frame buffer from Dom0 is working. I am trying to run the program on DomU to to write to frame buffer of guest DomU and it's not working
This qemu process you quote here is running against dom0 in order to
provide backend services for frontends running in dom0 itself, i.e.
things like loopback qdisk mounts to the toolstack.

For a domU the xl toolstack should be launching a new qemu process
specifically for that domain, e.g. with -xen-domid <domid> (for
domid!=0).

Ian.

I modified the "-xen-domid" and "-name" of qemu-system-i386 to match the domain name and id of the guest Dom, the result is same. The XENFB_TYPE_UPDATE event sent by guest Linux did NOT reach to QEMU side (xenfb_handle_events() of xenfb.c).
should it be processed here?

Thank you for the sharp thought and prompt reply.

Regards,
Mao Mingya