Re: [Xen-devel] --enable-xsm ?

On 01/15/15 04:40, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Wed, 2015-01-14 at 13:39 -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 09:06:37AM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 13.01.15 at 21:43, <dgdegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/13/2015 02:27 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
I was wondering if there would be any plans for configure.ac
(or the m4 scripts) to have an --enable-xsm which would set
XSM_ENABLE (or FLASK_ENABLE) to true?

Right now by default to build with XSM one has to manually change
the Config.mk ENABLE_XSM option to 'y'.

This is not strictly true.  I see the option as XSM_ENABLE.  And

docs/misc/xsm-flask.txt

correctly states that a .config file can specify this.  Also you can add
XSM_ENABLE=y to the make command line.

And in bash, export XSM_ENABLE=y works. All of these work without
a manual change to Config.mk

   -Don Slutz

Is the hypervisor build allowed to depend on having run ./configure
now?  I think this was the reason why config.mk is being used.
Correct - configury only controls the tools (and stubdom iirc).
Ah that is right. Should we expand on that then? Make the hypervisor
build with different configure options?
The hypervisor maintainers have indicated repeatedly that they do not
want building the hypervisor to require running configure. Which makes
sense, since Xen has no dependency on the userspace environment.