Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] [TestDay] minor bug + possible configuration bug 4.5rc4 archlinux

On Tue, 2015-01-13 at 09:45 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, Ian Campbell wrote:
>
> > @devs -- we obviously need to do something about this (too late for 4.5,
> > but for 4.6 + backport). Perhaps there is some alternative systemd
> > construction which disassociates the actual path from the abstract
> > service "xenstored dir mounted"?
>
> I dont think we can do anything about this systemd brain damage. Either
> it gets its Where= from such line within the file, or it gets its Where=
> from the filename. In which case it has to stop looking at a Where=
> line.

We either need to make XEN_LIB_STORED be hardcoded to /var/lib/xenstored
(i.e. ignoring localstatedir) or we need to make the systemd units
reflect the --localstatedir the user provided or we need to remove
--localstatedir as a user selectable option.

(the first is probably easiest, the second is probably more correct and
the third seems like overkill to me)

> In any case, its wrong to use --localstatedir=/tmpfs-mount-point because
> that means all mails in the spool subdirectory are in danger. If thats
> the mindset of ArchLinux all we can do is to recommend to stop using it
> for any serious task.

Xen doesn't include any sort of MUA, so that seems like hyperbole to me.

Not that I would recommend configuring Xen with localstatedir on /run
either mind.