Re: [Xen-devel] xl only waits 33 seconds for ballooning to complete

On 01/12/2015 05:04 PM, Mike Latimer wrote:
>> I'm inclined to say we could add an option to say "wait forever", or
>> to increase the period of the checks; but ultimately at some point
>> someone (either xl or the human) needs to timeout and say, "This is
>> never going to finish".  10s seems like a very conservative default.
>
> Agreed. Is a better solution to increase the timeout to some larger number
> and
> add an option to "wait forever"?

When I said "10s seems very conservative", I meant, "10s should be by
far long enough for something to happen".  If you can't free up at least
1k in 30s, then there is certainly something very unusual with your
system.  So I was recommending leaving that the default.

I'm not really sure under what conditions an admin might want to fiddle
with the timeout, however, so I'm having second thoughts about adding
new options.

 -George