Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 Development Update (GA slip by a week)

> Xen 4.5-rc4 was out on Monday (Dec 15th). The GA
> General Release is on Jan 7th^H^H^14th!

> There are some outstanding patches on which we need to figure
> out whether we will commit them in or not.

> When we commit a patch in, the OSSTest takes a day or so to push it to
> 'master'
> - and if it fails during that time patches that are later in the sequence are
> not applied. Hence if everything works out great - we get the patches
> to show up next day - however if something breaks - we are stalled.

> Ian(s) has pointed to me that the OSSTest is sometimes on the fritz and that
> it
> might take more than one day to push patches through which means we won't
> make it by Wednesday.

> As such, moving it the release by a week to give us ample room to get through
> those changes.

> These are the patches that need to be investigated whether they should
> go in or not:

>  VT-d: don't crash when PTE bits 52 and up are non-zero
>  VT-d: extend XSA-59 workaround to XeonE5 v3 (Haswell)
>  VT-d: make XSA-59 workaround fully cover XeonE5/E7 v2
>  x86/VPMU: Clear last_vcpu when destroying VPMU
>  tools/hotplug: add wrapper to start xenstored
>  tools/hotplug: remove EnvironmentFile from xen-qemu-dom0-disk-backend.service
>  tools/hotplug: use XENCONSOLED_TRACE in xenconsoled.service
>  tools/hotplug: use xencommons as EnvironmentFile in xenconsoled.service
>  tools/hotplug: xendomains.service depends on network
>  tools/hotplug: remove XENSTORED_ROOTDIR from xenstored.service
>  tools/hotplug: remove SELinux options from var-lib-xenstored.mount
>  tools/libxl: Use of init()/dispose() to avoid leaking libxl_dominfo.ss
>  xen: arm: correct off-by-one error in consider_module

Hi Konrad,

Has this: http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-12/msg01715.html
patch slipped through the cracks ?
It has your release-ack but isn't applied yet, nor is it on the above short
list.

BTW: Will there be a branch off and one last non-debug RC before release ?
     (i thought that has been done in the past, but could be mistaken)

--
Sander